Sunday, August 31, 2008

Insightful Captures(Ah-Haa moments)from Movies!

I watch lots of Movies & Series . The thing which I can say I learned is Various ways of 'BEING'. The following are some Insightful Captures (think of a electric bulb suddenly glowing ) from various movies that stick in mind and which changed my way of seeing things and being.

I provide it in dialogue form (imaging A & B talking):

From 'The Secret' ( not a movie, though):

You are not here to try to get the world to be just as you want it to be, you are here to create the world around you that you choose,while you allow the world as others choose it to be to exist also.

From the movie 'Grace is Gone':

B:
I mean, do you agree with him about everything?
You shouldn't.
A:
Why not?
B:
Because it's important that people have their own views based on an understanding of facts.
But it's also important not to trust the facts because most of them are lies.
A:
I don't understand.
B:
Well, it basically comes down to a...
gut thing.
..pause..
B:
You just have to be open to allowing for a truth which differs from your own opinions,
or else you'll never actually see the truth at all.

From 'Into the Wild':

A:
I'm gonna miss you when you go.

B:
I'll miss you, too, Ron.But you're wrong if you think that the joy of life comes principally from human relationships.God's placed it all around us.It's in everything.
It's in anything we can experience.
People just need to change the way they look at those things.

A:
Yeah, I'm gonna take stock of that.
But I wanted to tell you something.
..pause..
From the bits and pieces I put together, you know, from what you told me about your family, your mother and your dad.And I know you've got your problems with the church, too.
But there's some kind of bigger thing we can all appreciate, and it sounds like
you don't mind calling it God.
But when you forgive, you love.
And when you love,
God's light shines on you.

From movie 'Platoon':

at the end there is a dialogue:
"
Sergeant O'Neill!
- How are you doing? - Just fine, sir.
That's good, cos you got second platoon.
Yes, sir.
- Ready? - You bet.
I think now, looking back,we did not fight the enemy,
we fought ourselves, and the enemy... was in us.
The war is over for me now,but it will always be there,
for the rest of my days,as I'm sure Elias will be,
fighting with Barnes for what Rhah called possession ofmy soul.
There are times since...
I've felt like the child born ofthose two fathers.
But be that as it may, those ofus who did make it...
have an obligation to build again,
to teach to others what we know,
and to try with what's left ofour lives...
to find a goodness, and meaning, to this life.
"

From the movie 'Man from Earth' one of the best movies I saw:

A:
do you believe literally
everything in the bible, edith?
B:
Yes!
A:Before you say it, I know it's undergone a lot of changes,

B:But god has spoken through man .... To make his word clearer.

C:He couldn't get it right the first time?

B:We're imperfect! He had to work to make us understand.

C:(sarcastic) He couldn't get us right the first time, edith?

D: taken alone, the philosophical teachings of jesus are
buddhism with a hebrew accent- kindness, tolerance,
brotherhood, love,A ruthless realism acknowledging
That life is as it is here on earth, here and now.
The kingdom of god, meaning goodness,
Is right here, where it should be.

"I am what i am becoming. "

That's what the buddha brought in.
And that's what i taught.
But a talking snake
make a lady eat an apple,
So we're screwed.
(pause)
Heaven and hell were peddled So priests could rule
through seduction and terror,
Save our souls that we never lost in the first place.
....

D:
I see ceremony, ritual, processions, Genuflecting,
moaning, intoning, Venerating cookies and wine,
And i think...
It's not what i had in mind.

B:
But that's vatican flapdoodle.

It doesn't have a thing to do with god.

A:
As you said, john, everywhere, religions...
From exalting life to
purging joy as a sin.
Rome does it as grand opera.
(sarcastic) A simple path to goodness needs
A supernatural roadmap.

C:
Supernatural...
A stupid word, i mean...
Anything that happens,happens within nature,
Whether we believe in it or not.


This is from my favorite series (as of now) which I watch, HOUSE.M.D:

A: I just want to die with a little dignity.
B: There's no such thing.
Our bodies break down.
Sometimes when we're 90.
Sometimes before we're even born.
But it always happens,
and there's never any dignity in it.
I don't care if you can walk,
see, wipe your own ass.
It's always ugly. Always.
We can live with dignity.
We can't die with it.

will be updating more later!

2 comments:

Yogi Santa said...

Awesome scenes!, I recollect!.

Particularly, the House M.D. dialogues - Reminds me of Ayn Rand's concept. She conveys similar such things in Atlas Shrugged as well as in Fountainhead.

I have seen these movies and i am able to relate to the scene and appreciate it. However, for the benefit of the people who have not seen it yet, you can provide a brief synopsis.

Parthiban said...

Nice blog